Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO without atlassian access?

Nitin Patel December 3, 2019

Hey, there used to be an option to setup the "Classic SSO" (sso without atlassian access), is that still available or is sso only possible with atlassian access? 

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2019

Hello Nitin,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

This option that you mentioned was removed a while ago and now in order to use SSO, it's necessary to subscribe to Atlassian access.

Currently, the only option that is still possible to configure without an Organization and Access is GSuite, but if you need to connect an Identity provider to allow users to login using SSO, it's necessary to use Atlassian access.

Regards,
Angélica

Sahar Yacout August 10, 2020

@Angélica Luz  So what is the benefit of using Atlassian Access over G suite

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2020

You can use your own identity provider with Atlassian Access.

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Sahar Yacout August 10, 2020

and if my identity provider is google, then what do I gain with Atlassian Access. 

Thanks for your reply

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2020

Hello @Sahar Yacout,

Thank you for reaching out to Community!

In order to use GSuite, it's not necessary to subscribe to Atlassian Access.

If you need to use SAML and connect to another identity provider, then it would be necessary to use Atlassian access, but for GSuite only, it's not.

You can find more information about Atlassian access on the link below:

Regards,
Angélica

Sahar Yacout August 11, 2020

Thanks @Angélica Luz 

Does Atlassian access forces me to go on premium plans, or I can use it with standard plans?

Another question please would be, is there a way to manage bitbucket cloud payments for workspaces centrally from Atlassian Admin page, or I have to pay each workspace seperately? what if I have big number of workspaces, each with 15 to 20 users

Appreciate your responses

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
August 12, 2020

It will not force you to upgrade your plan to Premium. Atlassian access is a separated product and you can use it in Free, Standard, or Premium plan.

For more information, check the FAQ on the page below:

Regarding Bitbucket, it's currently not possible to manage on the Atlassian admin page. There are feature requests suggesting this option:

Sahar Yacout August 12, 2020

Thanks, obviously Atlassian is working on bringing administration of bitbucket to Atlassian.

Appreciate your help greatly

Like Angélica Luz likes this
George June 25, 2021
Ed Letifov _TechTime - New Zealand_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2021

The answer is "no" as in "not if you want SSO into Atlassian Cloud"

Click on that very link that you've posted, and then click Documentation link on the right of the Marketplace listing you will arrive to the Microsoft's documentation page, 3 item on the pre-requisites list says:

"To enable Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) single sign-on for Atlassian Cloud products, you need to set up Atlassian Access."

Like # people like this
George June 25, 2021

Thank you very much Ed for your help.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events