Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian access as SSO for bitbucket (Data center)

Haneena Fathima March 10, 2024

We are in the process of moving Jira and confluence to cloud. However we decided our bitbucket to move to the datacentre. We want all these three products to be authenticated through the Atlassian Access. Is it possible to have it directly from the Atlassian access or do we need to use third party plugin ? If so how secure can 3rd party plugins be for authentication, because we don't know the vendor, if they can be trusted, supply chain attack etc. Does Atlassian provide any support and assurance for the same.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Ashwini_More _miniOrange March 11, 2024

Hi @Haneena Fathima ,

You can only use Atlassian Access for Jira and Confluence SSO. But for Bitbucket, Atlassian Access cannot be an SSO app as Access is a cloud-only application.

However, for Data Center 7.12 or later versions of bitbucket support for SSO is available. You can check it out from here.

If you are looking for security features and customizable configurations, I would suggest you use 3rd party apps for Bitbucket as they are more tailored to enterprise requirements.

My team at miniOrange has also developed the app for SSO in Bitbucket, which is listed here.

I would like to let you know that the apps hosted by miniOrange are secure and undergo various security scrutiny by Atlassian as well. We are committed to providing a secure experience to our customers by adhering guidelines of the Atlassian marketplace.

If you need more information related to the security and compliance of our app, please reach out to us via this support portal and I would be happy to share it.

PS: I work for miniOrange, one of the top SSO vendors in Atlassian Marketplace.

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events