It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Xray Server to Xray Cloud migration

Hi, our team is doing a Jira Server to Jira Cloud migration as well as for Xray server to Xray cloud. We didn't have any issues with the Jira Cloud, however, for Xray cloud we the following issues:

1) Test Plans/Test Executions – Previous test execution results are not migrated to jira/xray cloud.
2) Test Coverage per user story links are also not migrated but the test cases were displayed under the “Issue Links” section on the user story/bug.
3) All of the test cases steps are not migrated.

Since Xray cloud now has new issue types, I have re-mapped our old issues types to the new ones but still have these issues.

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes

@Joshua_Rivera - I've shared your post with a few people at Xpand-IT, makers of the Xray Test Management for Jira app. We are working on improving the migration experience by making it easier to migrate apps. I'd love to connect with you on your migration experience so far if you'd be willing to chat. (I'm a product manager here at Atlassian working on the Cloud Migration Assistants and App Migrations). 

If you're willing, here's how to get in contact with me

Thank you for your response. I will check the link. We hope that this issue we are facing in Cloud will be resolved soon.

Hi,

I'm having the same problem with Xray after migrating Jira to the cloud,

Is there any solution? I have hundreds of X-ray cards I cant use or see their content on the cloud

Alex Atlassian Team Jun 15, 2020

@Joshua_Rivera @Avishai_Siag - Sorry for the confusion. The link I provided is for a usability study we are conducting to build app migrations features in the Cloud Migrations Assistants. 

Would you mind sharing how you migrated your core data? Did you migrate using site backup / restore or did you use the cloud migration assistants? 

No worries. Yes we did the migration via the Cloud Migration Assistant. Now the issue we're currently facing are the execution results/test runs from the Jira/Xray Server that were not included in the migration to cloud.

Hi @Joshua_Rivera

We'll need more information to better support your question. Please contact our team at our Service Desk

Best Regards,

Team Xray

Hi Jose,

I already did, here's our thread: https://jira.xpand-it.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/2/SUPPORT-24148

Really looking forward for single procedure feature for Xray project migration to Cloud. Hope this feature will be available soon.

Thanks,

Joshua

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Atlassian Cloud Migration

We want to hear from you about the server to cloud migration experience!

Hello! We are developing new set of features for the Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant and Jira Cloud Migration Assistant and we’d like to invite our valued Atlassian Community members to help p...

443 views 0 8
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you