Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What (sub) versions of postgres are used by Bamboo, Bitbucket, Confluence & Jira,and for how long?

admin admin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2020

So, I've been running the four with psql v9.5.6 for the last 5 years, but with the interest of keeping software operational, and with upgrades in mind, I am curious which (if any) sub versions of psql 9.5 are not compliant with the four, as I have a psql 9.5.20 server prepped for delivery, and will do validation testing if it is acceptable for this purpose, so if you know if Bamboo, Bitbucket, Confluence or Jira operate, or don't for that matter, with these please let me know.

With upgrades in mind, I would also like to know what the most most modern version of postgresql all the servers work with as well; 12.x?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
admin admin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2020

After installing and integrating a psql 9.5.20 server with all of our apps, I have confirmed that they all play nicely with it, but I would like to confirm that this isn't just me, as I have noted that Confluence (only) has specified the deprecation of postgresql 9.5;

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/supported-platforms-207488198.html

If it is only Confluence, it may be less intense for me to look to alternative products for the purposes of documentation, previously provided by Confluence, as this is not largely significant to our development team, as they use other products for communication and clarity in design.

I don't mean to be frustrating here, but why is a documentation product leading the charge with deprecations?  I mean, I could understand it being Bamboo, Bitbucket, even Jira providing this notification first, but as a development system administrator, I don't want to develop a new platform for the likes of Confluence, as the product at its present version is acceptable, and I know of no features which would validate such a change.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events