Migrations Month is here!

56 comments

Comment

Sam Nadarajan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2022

Thanks for the info, I need more knowledge in this area!

Like Elizabeth Howden likes this
Ricardo Navarro January 7, 2022

The first cloudie we never forget. I think I'm in luck and I can win my first cloudie.

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2022

Wow, that is a packed schedule! Looking forward to learning a lot. Thanks for putting this together @Elizabeth Howden  

Like # people like this
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2022

Oh, I'm loving to get involved in anything cloud-related ☁️!

Also this year I'm hoping to start writing more articles about product management and development, it really helps me to structure my thoughts 🤓 And I'm planning to continue working on my public speaking skills and start hosting the twitter spaces where we'll discuss the latest news from the Atlassian ecosystem 🚀.

Like # people like this
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2022

@G subramanyam I'm curious about the youtube channel! Please share the link with us when you create it 👀🙏

Like # people like this
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2022

Perfect initiative! I really appreciate the ongoing efforts to make migrations easier and as transparent as possible to users and/or admins.

Like # people like this
Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2022

Really excited to participate in this :)

Great Initiative !!

Like # people like this
Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2022

Cloudie is so so so sweet! ☁️ 💙 I'm making sure to enter as many challenges as possible.

My Atlassian Community Goal for 2022 is to surpass my statistics from last year. 📈

One of my personal goals is to read 22 books. 📚

My professional goal is to earn the ACP-620 certification. 🎓

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 10, 2022

@Elizabeth Howden Great initiative and excited to read and contribute.

Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 12, 2022

Looking forward to the Cloud Demo.

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2022

Here's the glimpse of the "Power of Atlassian Cloud" event hosted by my chapter and key takeaways:

1. 80% of the Enterprise cloud workloads will shift to the cloud by 2025!
  2. Customer's are preferring to cloud in order to save cost, time, eliminate manual upgrades.
  3. What tools are available to evaluate cloud and migration? >> Free cloud migration tool, cloud migration assistants, app assessment.
  4. Cloud is going to transform the business through 5 areas: Government & controls, security & compliance, reliability & performance, productivity & apps, costs & ROI
  5. Upcoming security controls: NIST in 2022, FedRAMP moderate in 2023, HIPAA in 2023.
  6. Lastly, 70% of CTO's feel security on cloud is better.

Finally, here's the migrations month Visakhapatnam chapter's event link and pictures.

Like # people like this
Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2022

Love this @G subramanyam 

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2022

Enjoyed the first webinar yesterday. I think it helps those tentative about the migration.

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2022

@Jack Brickey you stole my words. I was going to say pensive. The webinar laid out the foundations for a conversation around the benefits and needs of migrating. 

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2022

I agree with @Jack Brickey @Andy Gladstone the online webinar was informative for those that may be hesitant about the Cloud. We use the Cloud JIRA and Confluence. And, personally, I love that I don't have to worry about updates to the software etc.

Like # people like this
M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2022

@Elizabeth Howden thumbs up :)

Mark Northcott January 14, 2022

1AM to 4AM in the morning?
Australians deserve 2 Cloudies 😛

Like Heydi Menéndez likes this
Cora Egli_bitvoodoo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 18, 2022

@Elizabeth Howden A great initiative that I only just stumbled across! I am eager to learn more about the community's migration experiences. I have written down our experience of migrating our app documentation to Confluence Cloud in this blog post: https://www.bitvoodoo.app/blog/migrating-bitvoodoos-app-documentation-to-cloud/

Like Sloan N_ B_ likes this
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 18, 2022

YEYYYY.... Cute cloudie again!

My personal goal this year is to have the Expert designation. So I will take the ACP-420 next month, then ACP-100. 

I hope this set of actions around migration, clarify most of the users that migration is good! 

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Heydi Menéndez January 20, 2022

Qué bien!!! Me encanta esta comunidad!

Like Fun Man Andy likes this
Jonathan January 24, 2022

CLOUD-6999

DavidW January 25, 2022

Whilst the cloud may be the answer to most people, binning native apps to force people into the cloud is a counter-productive move. Not everyone has access to high speed Internet so migrating data from one system to another is not a simple step for those of us on satellite or ship-based systems. Yes, we do use Jira, but not the web version as it is too slow for our field-based people. Our Mac-based offices and teleworkers all use the Mac app - but this is being EoL'd shortly. Guess I made a bad business decision in recommending Jira to the team.

Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 26, 2022

If people want to hear the one and only @Elizabeth Howden give the opening speech (along side the other one and only @Michael Pryor at our Cloud Migrations / Trello event tomorrow, here's the sign-up page!!
(It will also be recorded... and we're also giving away a Cloudie... and a Taco... and free migrations consulting... and more... Yes, I have no shame. #Promotions)

https://ace.atlassian.com/events/details/atlassian-rotterdam-presents-new-lunar-year-new-you-your-migration-journey-to-the-cloud-with-trello/

Elizabeth Howden
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2022

Hi @David Wade - thanks so much for sharing your perspective. It sounds like Cloud is not a good fit for your team at this time, but the good news is that the Server license you have is perpetual. You can still renew it through February 2024 and get updates. After February 2022, the Server updates will be limited to security fixes, and after February 2024 there won't be any updates - but your license will continue to be yours.

Like # people like this
Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 26, 2022

@David Wade - I don't think you made a bad business decision, but do sympathize that this is not a comfortable situation for you, the teams and the organization. But you're not alone! Rainforest Alliance, who have field-agents doing their best to collaborate with internet access as little as every two weeks (they have thousands of people across the globe using Confluence), are looking at migration options, especially Data Centre.

Have you discussed your situation and options (in particular Data Centre?) with an Atlassian Partner? If not, feel free to reach out to me via LinkedIn. I know many who'd help out for a few hours, with no strings attached, just to help make your available choices clear to you. Ease the pain. Let me know!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events