Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate Jira from server to Cloud failed on Large Project

Bruce Yen April 1, 2021

Migrating using Migration Assistant from server (7.6.0) to Cloud.

Works on smaller project 2M and 7M, but failed on 567M project.

Any limitation on Project size of suggestions?

2021-04-01 12:23:09,266 pool-21-thread-202 INFO jira_admin 111x199x2 3khen6 x.x.x.x /rest/plugins/1.0/ [c.a.j.migration.log.MigrationLogsService] Detected failed remote task completion [projectDataMigration#BIT] for migration [902c9167-2113-4027-ac06-ddde20085b4b] and project [BIT], pre-fetching log
2021-04-01 12:23:09,267 pool-21-thread-202 INFO jira_admin 111x199x2 3khen6 x.x.x.x /rest/plugins/1.0/ [c.a.j.migration.log.MigrationLogsService] Downloading remote project log for BIT to: import/BIT-project-import.log.zip-d1e046bd-.....7fb.tmp
2021-04-01 12:23:09,437 pool-21-thread-202 INFO jira_admin 111x199x2 3khen6 x.x.x.x /rest/plugins/1.0/ [c.a.j.migration.log.MigrationLogsService] No project log available for BIT
2021-04-01 12:23:11,696 pool-22-thread-7 INFO jira_admin 111x199x2 3khen6 x.x.x. /rest/plugins/1.0/ [c.a.j.m.tracking.polling.StatusPoller] 902c9167-2113-4027-ac06-ddde20085b4b-attachmentsUpload#BIT: migration task attachmentsUpload for project BIT completed with status: failure
2021-04-01 12:23:11,696 pool-22-thread-7 INFO jira_admin 111x199x2 3khen6 x.x.x.x/rest/plugins/1.0/ [c.a.j.m.tracking.polling.StatusPoller] Migration 902c9167-2113-......85b4b completed, Migration errors: projectDataUpload#BIT: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Export of data of project BIT failed, please check export log for more details. (StackTrace=java.lang.IllegalStateException: Export of data of project BIT failed, please check export log for more details.
at com.atlassian.jira.migration.export.ExportFacade.exportProjectData(ExportFacade.kt:105)
at com.atlassian.jira.migration.workers.ProjectProcessor.exportProjectData(ProjectsWorker.kt:209)
at com.atlassian.jira.migration.workers.ProjectProcessor.process(ProjectsWorker.kt:132)

5 answers

4 accepted

Suggest an answer

4 votes
Answer accepted
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2021

If you have not already got a MOVE ticket open with Atlassian I would suggest you go to https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/ and raise a request under Migration Support to get help on this direct from Atlassian. They should be able to advise you of some dark features you can use to preload some of the content to reduce the likelihood of such a failure.

If you have got a MOVE ticket open then you should update and request their support. 

If Atlassian respond with this not being an issue with JCMA then members of the community may be able to help further. 

Hope this helps you move on quickly. 

Phill

Bruce Yen April 1, 2021

Thank you very much. I'll create a ticket.

Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2021

Thanks for accepting my answer @[deleted]

It may be useful for others if you give a brief summary of the reasons found for failure to help anyone else who stumbles across this question when looking for similar error messages.  

Glad I was able to help. 

Phill

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bruce Yen April 2, 2021

After check closely, it only migrated 1000 (out of 7956) issues over. :(

Can someone check?

Bruce Yen April 2, 2021

It has to be a false alarm, since I can query by old dates. And it goes beyond 1000.

We are good. Thanks again. I’ll close the ticket.

Much appreciated!

It has to be a false alarm, since I can query by old dates. And it goes beyond 1000.

Like Sri Kumar likes this
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 2, 2021

As you had loaded in a reasonable number of issues it may be that you just needed to give the indexing chance to catchup.  The fact that it reported exactly 1,000 is suspicious too. 

Bruce Yen April 2, 2021

Yes. We are good. It's the display. Query goes beyond 1000 records.

Thanks.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bruce Yen April 2, 2021

After bring "Jira Software" to the same suggested version 7.13 as "Jira Core", the migration went through beautifully!!!

Bruce Yen April 2, 2021

Much appreciated!

Much appreciated!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2021

Hi @Bruce Yen 

This needs an Investigation. Please contact our Support team with the below logs that could help us help you:

1. Please create a support.zip and provide it to us on your ticket. refer Create a Support Zip
  2. Can you navigate to the logs and reports session and see if you are seeing any logs under that tab. if yes, can you please share it with us?
  3. For Linux OS: Under the Jira home folder there is a folder call migration-to-cloud can you zip that folder and send it to us as well.
  4. For Windows OS same can be found in application data\jira\export\migration-to-cloud

-Sri

Bruce Yen April 1, 2021

There are a few folders in that directory. I tar and gzip the whole directory.

I'll send it. Thank you very much.

Bruce Yen April 1, 2021
Bruce Yen April 2, 2021

After bring "Jira Software" to the same suggested version 7.13 as "Jira Core", the migration went through beautifully!!!

Thank you so much on your time and help.

Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 2, 2021

Thanks for the update @[deleted] , very easy for folks to get caught out on mismatched versions. 

Glad it is all now resolved for you. 

Phill

Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2021

Thank you @Bruce Yen 

0 votes
Normann P_ Nielsen _Netic_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 3, 2022

Pretty much got the same error - any conclusions on what the error/fix was?

Icant see https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/49/MOVE-20876

Pourna Radha-Burhoo April 7, 2022

Hello @Bruce Yen ,

How did you solve this issue. I am facing the same problem.

Thanks,

Swarna

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events