Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Insight object schema export >>import not importing object reference attribute fields

Sal G February 14, 2020

I have a development Jira site with three different Insight object schemas. Schema A has object attributes that are references to object in schemas B and C.

I exported and imported into production site the schemas B and C with no issues.  However, when I migrated schema A, with object references to the other two, the attribute fields to B and C were removed. 

The log file shows "Mismatch between object type attributes and headers in CSV file for object type ...."

The lost attributes are shown in the header list but not in the ObjectTypeAttributeBean list (example: ObjectTypeAttributeBean [id=109, name=Name, type=DEFAULT],).

Object schemas B and C match on both systems, except B has a different key on each system. But C was stripped out too so I'm thinking that's not the cause.

Any suggestions for my next step? - Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marek Vejrosta October 16, 2020

Hi, I have the exact same problem. Have you found a solution, please?

Sal G October 16, 2020

I'm afraid not.  I haven't been actively searching lately, but my most recent information is that they have not created a way to migrate attribute objects that point at another schema.

I'm gearing up to do a final migration and I'm assuming I will just have to do it by hand.  Migrate all of the local fields and then create mapping to the missing objects attributes on the production side.

Definitely not a clean process...

Marek Vejrosta October 16, 2020

Thanks. And is it possible to migrate a reference to objects of the same schema?
And is it possible to duplicate the 1: 1 scheme, including its references?

Sal G October 16, 2020

Yes, I migrated assets with object attributes in the same schema with no problems.

I'm not sure what you mean by 1:1 scheme.

Marek Vejrosta October 17, 2020

The import of references within the same schema makes me a problem. Could you please share with me what the configuration of your import looks like? It would help me a lot! My email (marek.vejrosta@bootiq.io)

Sal G October 19, 2020

Insight tab >> configure >> General configuration
Import/Export tab

Object Schema Export from your dev site.

Object Schema Import on your production site.

It shows you where the file is located within the application directory. You will need to move your export from the dev site to the production site for import.

Sal G October 19, 2020

Unfortunately, the field mapping is not exported so you will need to recreate that for any fields that reference external objects.

Marek Vejrosta October 19, 2020

Hi, references can be imported. You must use an External Hash Key. Add a text format attribute named "External Hash Key" to the object in the schema that you want to import.
In the second scheme also. Synchronize "External Hash Key".
And then add to the attribute referenced in the Object mapping (IQL) parameter: objectType = "X" AND "External Hash Key" = $ {X}. X - in the string is the name of the reference object.

Santiago Estel April 2, 2021

However, it seems that importing full schemes with object making references to other object in other schemes using Import/Export schema (Insight Configuration section) is not possible, and it is necessary that, after creating all the structures, import object by object using IQL on the each Import Configuration on Import section on Schema configuration.

Am I right?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events