Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to migrate from Standard Jira software to Premium

Shawn Li August 11, 2021

Hi everybody. Thanks for your attention. Our team has been using the standard Jira software in Cloud for a period of time and now decide to move to the premium version. However, due to purchasing process, the new service ask us to establish a new site which contains nothing.

Actually, I have read some articles discussing about the migration topic but they are talking about how to move from different applications, not talking about a version transfer.

Should I turn to the 'Early Access Program' since it might guarantee the least lost of data information.

Many Thanks!

2 answers

Suggest an answer

4 votes
Lisa Grau
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2021

Hi Shawn,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

You can upgrade your licenses anytime. Just visit the "Manage susbcriptions" page of your cloud site. The migration topic is usually only discussed when it comes to the migration from Jira Server to Jira Cloud licenses, not when upgrading your (already) Cloud license.

0 votes
Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
September 30, 2021

Did you create a new site as part of upgrading your license?

Utteja Ragni Sai Shree V July 24, 2023

Hi, I have questions with respect to his 

We have 2 sites with different subscriptions one is Jira software Standard plan and the other is Jira software Premium plan. 

Can we directly migrate from Jira software (Standard) plan to Jira software (Premium) plan. 

or 

we can only migrate after Upgrading the Jira (Standard) plan to Jira software (Premium)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events