Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From server to Cloud, there's a file from the recycle bin blocking the migration

Deleted user January 7, 2021

Hello! I was using the recycle bin on our server version. I wanted to migrate our database to Cloud, but it gave me some error messages. After a few failed tries, I saw that the problem was the tickets in the recycle bin. So I removed the tickets from the bin, and deleted the tickets. I even uninstalled the recycle bin. But there's still one ticket that prevents from migrating to Cloud. 

Can I just go in my database and delete the faulty issue, or this will wreak havoc in my database? 

Can I unhide a deleted ticket on the interface? I can't even search for it in my issues. It doesn't appear on my user interface. When I search for all issues, that specific number doesn't appear. It goes from 456, 458, etc. I'm missing issue 457.

I'm looking for a safe way of removing this faulty ticket before migrating. 

Thanks! 

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2021

Hi @[deleted]

you mentioned a recycle bin for Jira server - the nearest functionality I could found was an App providing this. Stock/plain Jira does not provide a recycle bin.
So I understand you right you assume the problems now are suspected to be caused by the recycle bin App you had in your instance earlier?
Is there any support by the App vendor available that they could provide?

I would refrain from deleting something out of database, it will make things worse.

Which is the exact error you are getting back (I see Benjamin asked that earlier)?

Regards,
Daniel

Deleted user January 8, 2021

Hello, Thank you for your reply.  We ended up performing the migration by uploading the full data and media zipped instead of using the wizard. We didn't have issues with this method. :) 

Like Daniel Ebers likes this
0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2021

Try reindexing your server and see if the issue is gone. 

If the issue still persist, what is the error that is informing you that this issue is preventing from migrating?

Deleted user January 8, 2021

Hello, Thank you for your reply. My developper says he tried with the re-indexing of the database and it didn't work. 

We performed the migration by uploading the full data and media zipped instead of using the wizard. We didn't have issues with this method. :) 

Like Benjamin likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events