Hello from Georgetown, KY

Randy O_Neal
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2021

Hello, I'm Randy O'Neal

• I'm from Georgetown, KY
  • I'm a Christian, hunter, avid outdoorsman, musician (trumpet, bass guitar, vocalist), and amateur woodworker
  • I'm currently a Sr. Scrum Master for Twinspires.com, a subsidiary of Churchill Downs, the Kentucky Derby people
  • "Suppose I were a congressman. And suppose I were an idiot. But I repeat myself..." - Mark Twain
    "Life is hard. Life is harder if you're stupid." - John Wayne
    "Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt." - Anonymous​ 
  • I answer questions because I most often seek answers; when I find them, I want to share them to help others

5 comments

Comment

Foo Guan Sim - ServiceRocket March 31, 2021

A very warm welcome to the community @Randy O_Neal . I do play the bass as well *high five!*

Like Randy O_Neal likes this
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 31, 2021

Welcome @Randy O_Neal ! 

I play trumpet and flugelhorn too - or at least did, until my kids decided they were too loud 😂. Woodworking is a distinct possibility for my future, since there's lots of work around home to get done and those same kids don't loudly object to hand tools being used. Maybe we'll make some outdoor wood instruments, start a family band, and bring the trumpet back around. Do you use local lumber, and if so - what species are available (or most common) there?

Excited you're with us!

Like # people like this
Randy O_Neal
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2021

I work with reclaimed lumber - bourbon barrel staves (charred white oak), reclaimed pine inchboards and other sundry lumber from the local Habitat Restore, and live edge oak, maple, poplar, and walnut.

I play a Shilke B6 trumpet and a Yamaha flugelhorn, as well as a pocket trumpet.  I've mostly parked these for the past several years to play my Dean Rhapsody 5-string bass guitar at my church in our worship band.  We play contemporary Christian music, though I've played Southern Gospel and a variety of other music styles.

I build guitar stands and pedal boards with bourbon barrel staves and reclaimed lumber... something uniquely "Kentucky".

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2021

Hello and Welcome, Randy!

We are glad you are here!!

Welcome to Team.jfif

Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2021

Hi @Randy O_Neal 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 2, 2021

Welcome to the Atlassian Community, @Randy O_Neal !

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events