Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can not add links to my answer

Julia Holovko - Oboard - OKR Board for Jira _ Confluence
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 8, 2023

Hello answerers,

somehow, I can not add links to my answer -neither to Marketplace or Atlassian blog nor to any external resources. My reply is posted and then just deleted automatically.  Am I doing something wrong? Can you please advise how to add links correctly?

I see other answerers post replies with links to external resources with no problem at all...

Thanks!

2 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

3 votes
Answer accepted
Paul Sherman June 8, 2023

Hi @Julia Holovko - Oboard - OKR Board for Jira _ Confluence Mostly what works for me on many platforms is copy/paste without the "http : / /" protocol prefix. Most systems seem to let a url go through unscathed, as verbatim plain text. I know it's laborious, sometimes even needing an intermediate step to copy/paste into a Notepad or other editor session. It does, however, give a chance to scrutinize and remove any superfluous junk at the end of a url link, such as those long "utm" optional arguments.

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 8, 2023

oh, that is a good advice @Paul Sherman, thank you! will try it next time =) 

Like Paul Sherman likes this
Paul Sherman June 8, 2023

Depending on a user's browser, that verbatim plain-text link might not be immidiately clickable; however, it will most always be there, needing only a few more clicks, swipes, or mouse actions :) cheers  and great question

2 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2023

@Julia Holovko - Oboard - OKR Board for Jira _ Confluence it looks like they are hitting spam. I will dive in and review/release them for you. I'll ask Atlassian to see why your being auto-classified as spam.

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2023

I released the answer with the link to the article. Let me know if there are any more missing - everything else in spam looked like duplicated attempts to post.

Like # people like this
Marketplace Partner
June 8, 2023

@Andy Gladstone thanks a lot! I see the answer now =) And yes, I tried to post an answer couple of times because I haven't seen it posted, so I thought it may be some internal error.

Anyway, thanks again for such quick help!

Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2023

The Spam filter will kick in if it thinks you're trying to post the exact same message in a relatively short manner.  It will also kick in if you're replying to a question that's older than roughly six months.  The Spam filter could use a little injection of some updated business logic, but it is what it is.

Like Paul Sherman likes this
Paul Sherman June 16, 2023

Good point @Dan Breyen you are right: "We're sorry, but the form cannot be submitted due to an expired token. Please copy your content locally, reload the form, and submit your post again." But this is only because an in-process editor session timed out. In that case, select-all, copy/paste to an editor or Notepad, cancel the Comment,mand make a new one, Works for me, Giving a little more time before time-out would be nice, as sometimes the phone rings mid-thought.

There's a subtle compromise between content filtering and moderation, the latter being the human form of spam filtering (i.e. real intelligence as opposed to artificial intelligence). Content filtering takes the burden of the human; and moderation puts burden back on the human.

It's good to flag duplicates, in the legitimate case of browser or UI failure -- that is, when you accidentally hit a "back button" and innocently re-submit a post by mistake. Duplicate filtering rules catches that, although the root-cause fix is probably one of better website or UI/App design (i.e., avoiding POST transactions in the first place). Yes, it is what it is.

I agree there should not be much of any filtering rule based on time. Often, I respond to dialogue on stackoverflow that's more than a decade old. In place of time filtering, maybe a facility to "close a discussion to further activity" would work; however, making sure there is a facility where anyone from any place at any time later re-open the discussion, perhaps automatically notifying any one of the participants of that closed discussion? That way, somebody is bound to be available and respond to open the door :).

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events