New feature that will make Answerin' easier

Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
March 5, 2020

To get all the details, check out our Community release notes for March 4, 2020. 

Hello, Atlassian Authors! I wanted to give you a special heads up about a new feature that will help question askers to write better questions and will help you to give more accurate answers :) .

New: Now, when a member asks a question from our global form, the community will pre-fill the products associated with the Atlassian account.

Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 1.54.01 PM.png

If question askers choose to make their settings public, Answerers (you!) will also be able to see the deployment type and permissions level in the right-hand sidebar. This should be extremely useful information for Answerers, and hopefully will cut down on the time it takes to deliver that perfect answer!
Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 2.46.41 PM.png

Our first version of this will apply to questions only, and to the global form only. Add any feedback you might have on the release notes post, and be sure to tell us if you find this new experience to be useful or if there's any improvements you'd like to see!

5 comments

Comment

Stef
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2020

This is great! Thanks for sharing, Bridget! We'll know what the asker has from the get-go, even if they reach out about a different product. 

Like Bridget likes this
Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
March 9, 2020

Exactly @Stef ! Should cut down on some of the back n forth for you :) 

Radek Antoniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2020

@Bridget a little related question - does a contributor (like me) need any special privileges to add tags to existing questions?
I'm trying to add tags, but when I hit "Add" it just disappears and the tag doesn't get added without any error or message.

Kevan Lin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 27, 2020

@Radek Antoniuk can you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing? Which page are you trying to add a tag to?

Radek Antoniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 28, 2020

@Test User KL for instance this one:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/bitbucket-pipeline-validator-not-working-properly/qaq-p/695994

I can see only "validator" tag on the top right section. I try to add "bitbucket-pipelines", hit the "add" button but nothing happens.

Like Kevan Lin likes this
Kevan Lin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 30, 2020

Thank you for letting me know which page specfically you were having issues with. I've reported this to our team. Thank you.

Like Radek Antoniuk likes this
Parvaneh Zand
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 1, 2020

Thank you, This is great.

But what happens if one user is member of multiple instances of Jira or other products?

Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2020

They get a really long list (as I did). I just counted 62 products in my long list.

The list includes all instances I administer as well as the instances I have access to.

Monika Rani
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 5, 2020

This is a great feature. I saw it and use today :)

Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2020

While I really like this feature to get more context of the person asking the question, it only simplifies this process for cloud customers and not for server/DC customers.

I think you could fine tune it - do a grouping like:

Select the product you have a question about

• Cloud products (with an expandable/collapsible list)
    • Jira (abc.atlassian.net)
    • Jira (def.atlassian.net)
    • Confluence (abc.atlassian.net)
  • On premise products
    • Server/DC?
    • Jira/Confluence/...

Just my 2 cents..

Cheers,
Matthias.

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 17, 2020

I think that all offerings should have a unique service number and instead of choosing the service number should be in a place that everyone can simply copy it (it should be the same place for all!) and copy this in a field. After that it should automatically detect which offering it it and fill all the information for the user to avoid mistakes.

Like Matthias Gaiser _K15t_ likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events