Time to First Response SLA Chart

Yavor Hristov July 21, 2023

Hi Team,

I'm looking for away to make a Chart that represents time in hours for SLA - Time to first response.

I can see the default templates has for Time for Resolution, but can you give some hints or example at least how to build for the time forst response?

Cheers,

Yavor

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jessie Turpin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2023

Hi Yavor! You could make a copy of the Time to resolution chart on the Request management overview dashboard template. Then in your copied chart you could add a query filter where the SLA name = Time to first response. The screenshot below is an example of what the modified query could look like. 

Screenshot 2023-07-24 at 10.47.53 AM.png

Let me know if you have any additional questions! 

Yavor Hristov July 25, 2023

Hi Jessie,

I have tried your suggestion, but even with that the chart remains the same like for Time to Resolution.

Should we modify any further options on the left side in the collumns as there are Resolution at one and etc.?

Cheers,

Yavor

Jessie Turpin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2023

Hey Yavor, 

Looking at this again, I think you'd need to swap out the Created at and Resolution at columns that are grouped by seconds and instead use the Started at and Stopped at columns from the SLA table. You'll need to group the Started at and Stopped at columns by seconds as well. 

Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 10.26.56 AM.png

Note that you'll need to edit some of the chart's steps to use the Started at and Stopped at columns instead of Created at and Resolution at, but once you make those adjustments the chart should give you the time to resolution of the Time to first response SLA. 

Additionally, depending on how your organization wants to report on this SLA, it may make sense for you to remove the Resolution at filter since this will ensure the chart is only looking at the SLA on closed issues. If you choose to remove that filter you may also want to consider adding the Started at column to the query again and grouping this one by week to be the chart's x-axis. 

I hope this helps! 

Jessie

0 votes
Kateryna_v_SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 28, 2023

Hi @Yavor Hristov 

I wrote an article about of "How to configure SLA Time for the Support team in Jira Cloud", where configured SLAs for Time to first response and Time to resolution. I hope it will be helpful for you.

I did it with the SLA Time and Report for Jira add-on (developed by my team), but you can check it with the 30-day trial.

sla-time-and-report-add-on-for-jira-cloud.gif

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events