Suggestion: Enable Analytics usage of custom fields defined by Forge

Adam Karl July 24, 2023

Forge allows developers to add custom fields that result in simple values but Forge-based fields are not available within Atlassian Analytics. I'd like to see at least simple Forge-based fields become available. 

e.g. I define a Forge field similar to the following.

jira:customField:

- key: jira-interest-field

name: User Interest

description: A custom field to render user interest.

type: number

function: interest-view

value:

function: interest-value

Note: I cannot add this as a suggestion within the Analytics Jira site as the project does not show up for me when creating issues (other projects do). 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jessie Turpin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 27, 2023

Hey Adam! Thanks for the suggestion. As you've noticed Forge data isn't supported in the Atlassian Data Lake, so I created a feature request on your behalf for this data. Feel free to vote for and watch the feature request to informed on any future updates. 

Let us know if you have any other questions or suggestions! 

0 votes
Shraddha July 31, 2023

How to add Jira custom fields within Analytics?

Jessie Turpin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 1, 2023

Hi Shraddha! Standard and custom Jira field data can be found in the Issue field table. You can follow the instructions on this knowledge base article on how to query your custom fields. 

Shraddha August 1, 2023

Hi @Jessie Turpin Thank you so much. Thats helpful.

Can i join the story points with Sprint or Issue table such that the report shows a matrix table where columns are Epics (expanded to issues) , row is Sprint Name and the cells have value = Story Points

I tried to do the following but it returned results of Story points under the Sprint Name.

Query 3 returns all the issue key with Sprint Name filtered by the Project Name

Query 2 returns Story Points associated with Story OR Epics filtered by Project Name

But the outer join brings the results as attached

Screen Shot 2023-08-01 at 10.50.47 AM.png

I would want to be able to see something like below

Screen Shot 2023-08-01 at 10.55.06 AM.png

Whats the best approach?

Jessie Turpin
Atlassian Team
August 1, 2023

Hey Shraddha! I'll respond on the Community question you initially posted just in case anyone with a similar question will see how to create the chart.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events