Plot Story points with relevant Issue Key and Sprint Name

Shraddha July 31, 2023

Hello,

I am trying to generate a report/chart of Story Points by Issue ID and Sprint Name. How to go about that.

I referred this post but it doesn't plot by Issue Key and Sprint - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Atlassian-Analytics-questions/Possible-to-pull-succinct-changelogs-of-when-Story-Points-change/qaq-p/2230913

Also to top it up we also need the Issues to be grouped by Epic. So basically the char looks like a matrix where column is Epic/Issue Key, rows are the Sprint Name and the values are story Points.

Is this possible to do so using Analytics?

TIA!

1 answer

0 votes
Jessie Turpin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 1, 2023

Hey Shraddha! Based on the additional information you commented on a different question, here's how you could update your existing chart to get your desired result. I think you could modify your Query 3 to include the filter on Issue type to only have Story or Epic issues displayed. This would allow Query 3 to give you the name of your sprint and the issue keys of the Stories or Epics within the sprint. 

Then you could modify your Query 2 to remove the filter for Stories and Epics so that this query is now only pulling in the Story Points for the individual issues in your sprint. Once you merge the two queries together, using the issue key column, you can reorder the columns so that the Sprint name column is first, the issue key column is second, and the Story Points column is third. Then adding a Pivot step would turn your chart into your desired matrix of Story Points per issue of your Sprint. 

The final chart could look something like this: 

Screenshot 2023-08-01 at 4.44.53 PM.png

If you have any other questions please add them here or open a support ticket with my team!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events