Getting parent links in query

Andrew Furlong November 9, 2023

Hi, for a query I'm writing I need to collect information on the parent links for jira issues in my data lake. I'm not seeing these fields in the data lake when I'm trying to write my query; are there any workarounds people have found for fixing this error? Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Inder Singh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 9, 2023

Hi @Andrew Furlong : This knowledge base article shows how to query parent-child relationship - https://confluence.atlassian.com/analyticskb/query-parent-and-child-issues-from-jira-1206787653.html. Let us know if this answers your question.

Hi @Inder Singh , I'm not seeing this "Parent Issue ID" field in my data schema - any idea why this could be? Thanks!

Inder Singh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 9, 2023

@Andrew Furlong This was a recently launched feature. In order to get this field, your data source connection needs to be edited. You can find how to do that here: https://support.atlassian.com/analytics/docs/edit-data-source-connection-details/. Note that you must be an organization admin to edit Atlassian Data Lake connections.

@Inder Singh I thought that editing the connection only allowed for us to toggle between selecting "all data" and the metadata - not sure how this allows us to bring the parent links into our data lake. 

Inder Singh
Atlassian Team
November 9, 2023

@Andrew Furlong Yes you are correct in that adding or removing data is the main purpose of editing a connection. But this process also checks for new tables or columns that do not automatically get added sometimes. This is one of those changes where we need to edit the connection.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events