New Feature: Embed Single Atlassian Analytics Charts in Confluence!

We’re excited to announce that you can now embed individual charts from your Atlassian Analytics dashboards across the Atlassian suite using Smart Links 🎉. All you have to do is paste a link to the chart in a Confluence page, Jira issue, or Atlas update and select to display it as Embed.

This extends the functionality we released late last year that allows you to embed an entire dashboard. Simply follow the steps outlined below, and paste the chart URL instead of the dashboard URL.

📄  How to embed a chart through Smart Links:

1. Paste your chart URL into a product that supports Smart Links (see list below). The link will display as an inline link.

2. Select the inline link that you just created. You’ll see different display options for the link.

3. Select Embed and your link will display as an embedded chart!

ad67971b-8bce-4f05-8b73-36aefdb05f99.png

A few of the ways embedded charts can help:

• Add context to your Atlas updates, with embedded visualisations of work remaining for a given epic or feature.

• Add a link to your project plan in Confluence to track your teams progress through the epic of work.

• Quickly link a chart in a Jira issue to help your team make a data-informed prioritisation decision.  

Smart Links work across the following products that use the editor:

• :jira: Jira - issue descriptions & comments

• :jira_software: Software

• :jira-work-management: Work Management

• :jsm: Service Management

• :jira_align: Align

• :confluence: Confluence

• :atlas: Atlas - updates

• :trello: Trello

Note: The embedded charts respect product and dashboard-level permissions. If a person doesn't have access to view, edit, or manage a dashboard, they won't be able to see the embedded chart. Instead, they’ll be prompted to request access – protecting your data!

Have you tried embedding an entire dashboard?

Simply paste the dashboard link and choose to show it as an ‘embed’.

Feel free to leave us a comment if you have any feedback or contact support if you run into any issues.

4 comments

Chris Allan December 14, 2023

Hi there!

I have tried to do this using CLOUD version and when I paste my JIRA Dashboard link it wont display as an embedded link. 

I have tried other URLS however, and they work fine. Any thoughts?

Allanah Miller
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2023

Hi @Chris Allan - thanks for reaching out with this! 

Can I just confirm that you are attempting to link & embed a dashboard created within Atlassian Analytics and not one created within Jira Dashboards? 

Jira Dashboards does not currently support embedding via smart links. 

If it is an Atlassian Analytics dashboard and you are still running into trouble, please let me know and we may need to have the technical team take a look! 

Thanks! 

Like Chris Allan likes this
Chris Allan December 18, 2023

Ah ok, thanks for confirming. I am trying to embed a JIRA Dashboard... not an Analytics Dashboard.

Like Allanah Miller likes this
Chrystal Harris January 25, 2024

Are there specific gadgets you can recommend for adding Atlassian Analytics to Confluence cloud? Only products are listed above and I cannot find specific gadgets that actually work.

Got it! In the "new" editor I can just paste the link and choose to embed. I do not see a way to do this for the "legacy" editor. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events