Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WannaCry Maleware Threat

Christopher Fani May 13, 2017

Any info on Jira/Confluence Cloud vulnerabilities to this recent cyber attack?  I have contact support, but have not heard back.  

1 answer

0 votes
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2017

Hi Christopher,

The recent cyber attack was focussed on vulnerable Windows machines (either old versions like XP or versions that have not been updated recently). So if JIRA or Confluence is running on those versions, they are vulnerable as well.

Unfortunately there's not much Atlassian can do about this. Simply make sure, if JIRA/Confluence is running on a Windows machine that it's updated with the latest security patches. More specifically make sure patch MS17-010 is installed.

Hope this helps.

Maarten

Thanks Maarten.  I am referring to the Cloud versions of Jira and Confluence.  Internally hosted versions, I am not concerned about. 

Anyone know what the tech stack is for Cloud?  Linux or MS based.  

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2017

Very Linux. Not sure which distribution at the moment, although if you plough through the docs, it's clear that RedHat/CentOS is the favoured choice, and it's backed with PostGreSQL as the database.

I'd say that no one in their right mind uses MS as a server.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events