Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Photo Rotation

Angelina Cordaro October 10, 2018

I have uploaded a photo for my profile however it keeps pulling it from my desktop and rotating the photo horizontally. Is this a common issue? Suggestions for fixes?

Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 11.44.01 AM.png

1 answer

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2018

Hi Angelina,

I've seen a few issues in Cloud where when attaching an image either to Confluence or Jira, the EXIF rotation information wasn't being honored.

Could you let me know, did you take this photo with a phone, and can you show me the EXIF information for it?

For example, on macOS, open the file in Preview, select Tools > Show Inspector > More Info > EXIF and screenshot that information.

For Windows, you can have a look at this article for information on how to get your EXIF information.

Regards,

Shannon

Angelina Cordaro October 17, 2018

Hi Shannon!

Thank you for your response! The photo was taken with an iPhone and I have attached a screen shot of the EXIF information. Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 9.12.31 AM.png

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2018

Angelina,

Thank you for confirming that.

I've been able to replicate the same using a vertical image from both an iPhone and an Android phone, and in both cases it displays sideways.

I went into my iPhone, edited the image very slightly (in my case by increasing the brightness by one degree) and then I was able to upload it properly.

Can you give that a try?

I've also reported this as a bug below:

• ID-6674 EXIF Image Rotation not supported

Please vote on the bug to help show the number of users who are affected by this problem.  You can also feel free to watch it in order to receive any updates on this going forward.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events