Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate from my last company email & account into the new one

Marcelo Gallego January 26, 2022

Hi,

I've changed my company 2 months ago and I'd like to "migrate" the information (mainly from community activity & history) from the last one "marcelo@bubocar.com" to the new one "mgallego@net4things.com" before delete the first.

Could you help me with that, please?

Regards.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2022

If you've already got activity on your new Atlassian Account at your new company (e.g. Jira, Confluence usage, etc), then changing the email address at id.atlassian.com won't work. We do have some guidance for this scenario.

Reference: Usernames, privacy, email changes, alter egos, and you 

That didn't work! My email is locked down because it's associated with my company

In this case, you should create a new Community account using your preferred personal email address. Once set up, actually log in to the Community using this account that is now associated with your personal email address. Important: Do not create any new activity with the new account, as it cannot be migrated or combined with your previous activity.

Then, email communitymanagers@atlassian.com with the following information:

• A link to your original Community profile (the one associated with your company email address) and include the old email address
  • A link to your new Community profile (the one associated with your personal email address) and include the new email address

Your Community Managers can then work to re-associate your history with the profile attached to your personal email address. Remember: Any activity from your new profile will not be migrated, so it's best to leave it blank/unused.

Marcelo Gallego February 2, 2022

Thank you so much. I followed your indications and problem was solved.

Regards!

0 votes
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2022

You can do it.
On  the Atlassian community page, go to profile --> Manage Settings --> Scroll down and under "Atlassian account" section, edit the email lD

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events