Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira emails to old address

Jarrit November 4, 2021

I'm going to lose my current email address, and as far as I understand I have change my email address everywhere in Atlassian. I can login into Jira, Confluence, Trello and Bitbucket with my new email. And I cannot see my old address anywhere in the settings. 

But I still get Jira related emails to my old email. Should I try to find some setting to change, or is it possible that those emails come from some marketing system which is a bit slow?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2021

I think you're right about "old system that is a bit slow to update" is right, but it's not just "marketing" and it's not just "slow".  While Atlassian mostly use your Atlassian account for access to stuff, it's not used in all of their systems. 

If you've been here in the ecosystem for a while, then you've probably signed up for things that were not using your Atlassian account for your access, and there are still some systems that are not fully using Atlassian accounts.  Where you've hit one of these systems, they've taken a copy of your email address, but they don't know to update it when you change your Atlassian account.  For the systems that do use Atlassian accounts, or at least do know to synchronise your details, it can take up to 48 hours for the email address to catch up!

I changed mine a couple of years back, and Atlassian asked me to tell them about any I carried on getting on the old email - there were 15 different places they needed to change that weren't looking at my Atlassian account.  (Albeit a couple of them were in personal contact lists)

So, yes, it's not unexpected, and the simple answer is you'll want to have a look at what system that is still sending to the old address and poke the owners!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events