Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change the background color of the circle that has my initials?

Anthony Cava October 12, 2020

When I added my profile it assigned me a circle with a purple background and white initials.  I would like to change the color from purple to another color.  Is that possible?  Thanks.

3 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 6, 2021

Hi everyone,

This ability to change the background of the default avatar, as well as change the initials has been shipped.  This change has been rolling out to all users starting last week.

You can now go to https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/profile-and-visibility

Click on your avatar and choose "Create initials avatar".

Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 10.37.34 AM.png

From there you can make these changes as you wish.

Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 10.37.41 AM.png

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2020

Hi Anthony,

Not really. You can change your avatar at https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/profile-and-visibility and replace it with your initials in a colored circle if you want. Cheers!

Kieren
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2020

+1 to what Joshua said. And if you're interested, the colour is actually based on your Atlassian Account ID number.

Like # people like this
AviAtia April 28, 2021

in my team several peapole with the same background color

Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2021

Hi AviAtia,

Okay... You can change your avatar at https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/profile-and-visibility and replace it with your initials in a colored circle if you want. Cheers!

AviAtia May 2, 2021

Hi Joshua,

I am allowed to upload image but I can not change the background

Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 3, 2021

Hi AviAtia,

Try Photoshop or GIMP or MS paint or any editor software. Alternatively, you could move past this topic to one that has value. Cheers!

Like AviAtia likes this
Deleted user September 30, 2021

Hi Anthony and AviAtia,

in profile, mouse over the circle, click on the center, click on "custom initials avatar", choose the color, enter initials, update...

Like Mia Cortez likes this
0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
September 27, 2021

Hi everyone,

I created a feature request seeking to change this default avatar background over in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ACCESS-1145

At this time, there is no way to change that within this default avatar on our site.  That said, you could download this image, and use an external image editor in order to create your own avatar or alter the background as you see fit and then upload that avatar for your account.

Deleted user September 30, 2021

there is a way to do this: in profile,

1. mouse over the circle,

2. click on the center,

3. click on "custom initials avatar",

4. choose a color,

5. enter initials,

6. click update.

post a test bug in jira to get all colors to change, then delete the test bug.

Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 1, 2021

Thanks Joe!
It took a minute to find the right profile; go HERE and follow Joe's instructions. Cheers!

Like Arianna Wang likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events