Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As an admin I am not able to login anymore after configuring SSO What now?

Tom September 14, 2023

Me, and my other colleagues are not able no login anymore after configuring our sso. After some research it seams the configuration was done wrong in jira, as I get the error: Invalid issuer for SAML user. As we are not able to get into our admin account anymore, how would we fix this? 

2 answers

0 votes
Hector Menchaca
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2023

Hi @Tom   ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!!

This error will occur when the URL in the “Identity Provider Entity ID” field is incorrect in SAML single sign-on within admin.atlassian.com.

Verify that the URL within the field matches the value being sent from the Identity Provider. You may need to click “Edit Configuration” and copy it out as it can mask certain characters such as spaces.

If this doesn't solve your issue then please raise a ticket to support.

Regards,
Hector

0 votes
Nicholas M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 14, 2023

You will need to contact support to give you access to fix it, it is recommended when setting up SAML for the first time you create an authentication policy that excludes your admin user from the SAML policy so you can authenticate without SAML until you are confident it is correctly configured.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events