Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing comment here on the community???

Scott Beeson January 22, 2024

I posted two responses to this question: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-discussions/What-is-a-use-case-for-using-a-database-in-Confluence/td-p/2581450#U2586005

One took me about 10 minutes to compose. It wasn't hateful or rude, at least I don't think. It was serious feedback. I hit publish and the page refreshed, and my comment was there. I had an additional thought, so I added another response. When the page refreshed upon submission my first comment was gone.

This is very, very, frustrating. I'm assuming nothing can be done? 

1 comment

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2024

@Scott Beeson it was auto-flagged. I read the comment in the quarantine and have approved it. The comment should be back on the page already.

Like Rodrigo likes this

Thank you! It's unfortunate there wasn't some sort of indication to the user. Please feel free to delete this post.

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2024

It's worth keeping this post public, someone else with the same problem may find it!

The 'bots do quite a good job of spotting spam, but they are not that clever, they miss some, and get a bit overzealous on others.  When they spot something, it's not usually worth going to the user who posted it, as they're probably a spam-bot that won't look at it.

Like # people like this

Most forums would still show your post with a little "Awaiting approval" message. This would have been nice and avoided this entire thread. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events