"Access Requests" in Confluence Page Cloud?

Ardani April 9, 2020

Hi

I have issue but its from confluence side

As Jira Software user some of my team member are unable to see linked confluence pages from the issue and open the confluence page from the shared link

When i share the pages link it says that they need access to see all unrestricted contents which will prompt access request to admin page and my email

I already set my confluence sites and space to have anonymous access
I also adding specific group who can view the page.  Which i have added user that included in Jira Software User and Jira Core User default access group

But they still need to request to open the pages from the shared link, whereas an anonymous user who are not sign in to confluence can open the link without requesting an access

Do i need to invite them as Confluence Licence Member so that they don't need to request access everytime i share the link ?

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 15, 2020

Hello Ardani,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Testing on my local site, I was able to replicate the issue. I created a brand new space, set it to public view and the page also didn't have restrictions. 

When opening the page without being logged to Jira, it loads the page correctly and shows its content.

After that, I linked the page to a Scrum board using my admin account.

On an incognito window, I logged in to Jira using an account that has only access to Jira software and to the project I linked the page and when clicking on the page that I already confirmed that is public, it shows an error informing that I don't have access.

So, from that test, I could confirm that anonymous access only works if the person is really anonymous, it means that the person can't be logged in to Confluence, Jira or any other Atlassian product. As my user opened the page directly from Jira, it shows that the person is logged in with the Atlassian account, making the person a known user and not anonymous.

What can be done as a workaround?

1. The user can open the page on an incognito window to view its content.
  2. You can link the Confluence space to a Service Desk project in order to allow unlicensed users to see the pages. It means that the space would be used as a knowledge base and when space is linked to a Service Desk project, customers can view the pages from the customer portal and also, Jira Software users can view these pages when accessing Confluence. 

Hope this clarifies. If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events