Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot complete add a site to Atlassian Access, keep getting something went wrong

Roelf Eleveld November 8, 2019

In the User Provisioning segment of Atlassian Access for our organization in admin.atlassian.com, I have the warning box to set up default access, with a call to action to add a site.

When clicking that link I see the next step with my domain xyz.atlassian.net with a next button. When clicked it shows me Site added to Xyz confluence, Jira Software xyz.atlassian.net with a button Complete and Back. When clicking Complete I get a message:

Something went wrong

Could not perform the operation at this time. Please try again later. Contact support.atlassian.com if the problem persists.

This has lead me to this site.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 11, 2019

Hi Roelf,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I searched for bugs or related issues but didn't find anything specific for this error when adding a site to Atlassian access.

Just for us to better understand, can you please open the developer tools on your browser while following these steps to add a site to check if it shows any additional error?

Sometimes the developer tools show more information about the error since in the UI it doesn't point correctly why it's failing. 

Regards,
Angélica

Roelf Eleveld November 18, 2019

Hi Angélica,

Thank you for the response!

I have run the process again and see a 400 message in a JSON message named sites with a response:

{status: 400, message: "orgSiteLinkingAlreadyExists"}

When I try to look at the Product Access section under User Provisioning, There are no sites listed and still, a gray box titled add a site.

Annotation 2019-11-18 105438.png

This is what our list looks like, I was hoping for green checkboxes...

Regards,
Rolf

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2019

Thank you for the details and screenshot.

Searching for this error, it points to a bug  that happens when integrating GSuite with a site that already is part of an organization. This error happens because it tries to create another organization, which is not possible because the site is already linked to an org.

Please, check the details on the bug to confirm that it’s the same issue you are facing. If so, you can follow the steps of the workaround.

If you face any issue or have any other question, please let us know.

Roelf Eleveld November 19, 2019

Hi Angélica,

Thank you for the input so far. I have connected the cloud-hosted Atlassian environment to our company Active Directory through Atlassian Access.

I cannot seem to figure out how to undo the connection to the domain? For Atlassian Access to work and to provide accounts and groups from our on-premises domain users. I have the following:
Annotation 2019-11-19 210043.pngWhen looking at the Product Access tab I see no domains or applications added:
Annotation 2019-11-19 210043.pngThe issue occurs when I press add. From what I understand it is because of the domain already being part of the environment, so how do I clear the data off, or should I drop everything and try again?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
November 20, 2019

Thank you for the details, Roelf.

Checking for more details on your account, I was able to see that you have two emails associated with the site and both of your accounts are a site-admin.

What may be happening is that your site is already linked to another organization using another account, that’s why the error “orgSiteLinkingAlreadyExists” shows.

Please, go to admin.atlassian.com and check how many organizations it shows. Test with both of your emails.

Now, make sure you are an org admin on both of the organizations.

The next step is to transfer the products from one org to another.

Go to the org that has the products associated with it and click on Settings > Details > Transfer products > Select the new org (the one that you sent the screenshot and has Atlassian access) and transfer the products.

Note that, this change can’t be undone and once you do all products will belong to the new organization.

Sorry if it seems confusing, I tried to explain without mentioning any of your emails, since this is a public post.

If you face any issue or have any other question, please let us know.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events