Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can 1 domain be verified in 2 different organizations

Network Administrators October 2, 2020

I have 2 Atlassian organizations and 2 different companies, they have the same owner. Can I verify a domain in 2 different Atlassian sites?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2020

Hi @Network Administrators,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to say you can only claim a domain by one Atlassian Organization at a time.  So you would need to release it from the one before the other would be allowed to claim it.

This document has more information under the "Domain verification considerations".

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/verify-a-domain-for-your-organization-873871234.html

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

Network Administrators October 2, 2020

Ok thanks for the reply, so not being able to do that I can't use my same email/domain username in 2 different organizations?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2020

You can use the same email address in multiple Atlassian Organizations but only one can "own" the domain to manage accounts.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events