Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

When enabling atlassian Access ADFS integration are old users still able to login

Hi

We will soon be enabling the atlassian ADFS integration, we have around 400 jira users.

When enabling the ADFS integration will this affect the current users or is the configuration change able to work alongside jira user management 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jimmy Seddon Community Leader Dec 05, 2019

Hi @Jason einon,

How are your users authenticating to Jira currently? If you aren't already using ADFS I believe your ADFS users will be treated a separate users from those that are authenticating to Jira currently.  Anymore information you can provide about your configuration would be helpful!

-Jimmy 

Hi  @Jimmy Seddon 

It's a Jira cloud instance, the majority of the users are logging in with their work based email address. 

We have enabled atlassian access and verified the company domain. 

I believe when they login with an email address linked to the verified domain they will get passed to the ADFS login page and then onto jira welcome page.  as per the instruction here:

• Use an email address from a domain you haven’t verified so that the account won't redirect to SAML single sign-on when you log in.
  • Give the user site admin and organization admin access. You can remove admin access when you are satisfied that SAML single sign-on is working as expected.

Taken from here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/configure-saml-single-sign-on-with-active-directory-federation-services-ad-fs-975020616.html

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon Community Leader Dec 05, 2019

Ok Awesome!  Can I assume that you are intending to enable SALM SSO authentication then?  If that is the case you shouldn't see too much end user impact.  Users will see a slightly different login screen the first time they attempt to login after the change is made but that is it.  From an Admin perspective, you will still have the ability/need to grant access to Jira, if you setup your default users group to an ADFS group you can automatically have people logging in with basic access without you needing to provide it.  Or you can keep that restricted and require an admin to actually give them permissions (your choice).  Users that get disabled in ADFS will however immediately lose the ability to login to Jira regardless of what groups/permissions they have been given.

Not sure if I answered what you were looking to hear in all of that, please let me know if there is anything else you wanted to know.

-Jimmy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Atlassian Access

We're launching improved navigation for admins

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is Avni Barman and I am a Product Manager on the Atlassian Access team! One of my top priorities is to help make the administrator's life easier through improved pro...

1,087 views 2 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you