Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I remove a verified domain, what happens to the users.

Alan Zall July 18, 2019

We were acquired and the new firm uses a local SSO. In preparation for that, I was going to remove my verified domain, but want to make sure that I will not lose my users. Then, I can have them change their account to use the new companies email address.

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Meyer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2019

Hi @Alan Zall ,

If you allow your domain to become unverified, your "Managed accounts" will no longer be managed. The users will be able to change their email addresses, but you must verify the new domain to manager their accounts again.

If you can verify both the current domain and new domain, then you can change the email addresses to the new domain yourself.

We provide an API to do this in bulk: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/admin/user-management/rest/#api-users-account-id-manage-email-put

Alan Zall July 24, 2019

I apologize if this is obvious, but when the accounts become unverified, what password would they use, since they were using OAuth from GSuites.

Dave Meyer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2019

No need to apologize. If you currently have G Suite login enabled and you disable it, users will log in with their Atlassian account password. If a user has only ever logged into their Atlassian account via Google, they might not have set one. If that's the case, they can simply click "Forgot password?" on the login screen to set a new password (note that this will only be available *after* G Suite login is disabled).

Users can see info about their Atlassian account here: https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/profile-and-visibility

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events