Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What other "name" can I use as a txt record for DNS verification than "@"?

Chris Nicolaou July 14, 2020

I am trying to verify a domain name and my registrar, Google, like all other registrars, only allows for one "@" txt record.  I currently use O365 and there are three records to add in the DNS (MX, TXT and CNAME).  The O365 TXT record has the name of "@" and then the appropriate data.  I have to add another TXT record in order to verify the domain with my Atlassian suite.  Can someone please tell me which "name" (besides "@") I can use for verification purposes?  Thank you.  

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2020

Hi Chris, welcome to the Community!

The DNS spec allows multiple TXT records on the @ value. Sometimes it's a matter of attempting to add more records in the interface; not all web interfaces for DNS make it clear that you can add more records instead of just modifying the existing ones.

If for some reason the web interface for your DNS provider is throwing a validation error for a second TXT record with the value, you could alternately try leaving the value blank.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events