What happens if I delete users from Access ?

Astrid Sieben December 6, 2021

Hi all,

My customer wants to use Access only for one product (JSM) instead of all products.

Can he decide which products and users he wants to use via Access?

And what happens to the product if there are not in Access. I believe that they can use the products further, right?

Background:

They evaluate and use JSM Cloud for five users, so they only need five users for Access. But in another department, they use Jira Cloud as well, and of course, through the verification from Access, the users from this product count as well. So they now have 26 instead of 6 users.

Is that a problem to delete or remove the product and the users from Access?

1 answer

1 vote
Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2021

Hi @Astrid Sieben 

On the user management side - Atlassian Access is only available per domain - you cannot select which products and/or users you want to enforce

Ref: https://support.atlassian.com/organization-administration/docs/what-is-an-atlassian-organization/#Atlassianorganizations-Manageuseraccountsforanorganization

You can also chose to have Products as part of your Access Organisation, however that centralises billing and management of the product, not the users within that product.

CCM

Astrid Sieben December 9, 2021

Thanks, @Craig Castle-Mead : That was my understanding, too. So thanks for confirming.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events