Verify domain - Missing accounts

Andrea Rodriguez September 29, 2020

Hi,

I'm trying to verify my domains to claim the accounts, and actually, the domain appears with the status "Verified", however, the number of accounts recovered is not correct for 1 domain.

So, I want to know if it's possible to know the logic behind the the account recovery?

Or if I should do additional steps in order to get the total number of accounts that are in the domain?

I'm attaching in the image the status domain and the number of accounts identified.

Thanks.image (4).png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 30, 2020

Hello Andrea,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

When verifying a domain, the total number of accounts that show are related to the ones that are already an Atlassian account. 

With that said, if there are 50 accounts from mydomain.com, but only 25 have an Atlassian account, you will be able to claim only those 25 accounts.

Using the screenshot of the documentation below as an example, if you click on Claim accounts you will see the same message informing that X Atlassian accounts use mydomain.com.

Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 17.41.47.png

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

Andrea Rodriguez September 30, 2020

Hi Angelica,

How is it determined when some account is already an Atlassian account?

Because I have a free plan, and it only allows me a maximum number of 10 accounts, so the accounts recovered don't make any sense for me, because it's getting near 500 accounts.

Thanks,

Andrea

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2020

Hi Andrea,

If someone already used any other Atlassian Cloud products, they have an Atlassian account. 

It will not consider your Plan when you claim the accounts, because you can add 500 users to your site, but you can only have 10 licensed users. From those 500, only 10 of them can be added to the group jira-software-users and confluence-users. 

Before claiming the accounts, you can disable the product access to make sure they will be imported to your site. 

Go to Cog icon > User management > Product access and disable all products.

After that, you can manually add the desired users to the default groups that give access to Jira and Confluence.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events