Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User login and access

David Katz UC May 11, 2021

Hi there,

I have two emails associated with the same Jira account, which I think is only important because it explains how I'm able to see the Atlassian admin page even though I can't log in from one of my emails.

I also have two questions:

First question:

We set up access for my new email and gave me Org&Site Admin access. I can log in with my old email and see from the admin page that the new email is registered and has its privileges:

image.png

But I can't log in with that account. Depending on how I try to log in, I get an endlessly spinning (loading) wheel or an error that says I have the incorrect password. I've gone the create a new password route twice and it doesn't fix the problem.

Second question:

Ideally, I would not have added a new email address for a new account; I would, as admin, have changed the email associated with my original account. However, though I am listed as an administrator, I also somehow lack administrator privileges. Specifically, when I hover over the "Login as user" icon, a popup appear that states "You do not have enough privileges to log in as this user." How can this be? I am this user.

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 answer

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2021

Hi David,

Each e-mail is a unique user. It is your e-mail setup from the beginning to have org and site admin privilege. If it was, that would explain why your old e-mail has the same privileges. 

Since you can login with your old e-mail, then why don't another admin or you just delete the new e-mail account? Then you just have your old e-mail account to use which seems to have the privileges you need. 

If something has gone wrong with your org account in general, I would reach out to Atlassian Support.

Thanks,

Ben

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events