Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Management Azure AD

Charly Kevin Djouontu March 18, 2021

Hi guys, hope you are doing great.

we've been using Atlassian products without SSO, and now we are in the process of setting up SSO. I created a Dev environment, to setup up SSO, and it's working as expected.

When the user tries to log in from the console, he gets redirected to the IdP to authenticate himself before he can log in.

but I'm not sure how to handle users we invited with their personal email.

since they are not managed users, the authentication policy Enforce single sign-on does not apply to them.

I don't know if you have an idea on what would be the best why to approach this situation.

the objective would be to invite the user into our azure active directory before he can access the platform. 

I think my overall question is, how should I handle current invited users. because when those users try to log in, they don't get redirected to the Identity provider. 

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 19, 2021

Hello @Charly Kevin Djouontu,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When using SSO on a Cloud site, the policies and the ability to login with the identity provider will be applied only to the accounts from the verified domains.

If you invite users from a different domain or from a domain you can’t verify as Gmail.com, Outlook.com, for example, they will need to log in with email and password or the “Continue with Google/Microsoft”.

The only option for them to have a more secure login is by using Two-Step verification that can be enabled by them on https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/security/two-step-verification.

If there is anything else we can do to help, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Dave Meyer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2021

If you've already created accounts in Azure AD for the users that have been invited with their personal email, the easiest way to solve the problem is to have each user change their Atlassian account email address to their company email (https://support.atlassian.com/atlassian-account/docs/manage-your-personal-profile/)

This will maintain all the associations between your existing data and the users' accounts. Assume the new email matches what's in Azure AD, they will be automatically redirected to log in via SSO next time they log in.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events