Use Atlassian Cloud as IDP

Mehmet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 3, 2020

We know that Atlassian can be service provider to other IDPs like Okta.

Is it possible to use Atlassian Cloud as IDP instead? I have a custom application and want to use id.atlassian.com or auth.atlassian.com to authenticate the users while logging in my custom app.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Christian Reichert (resolution)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2020

Hi @Mehmet ,

as Angelica says - currently it's not possible but it's being considered.

Cheers,
Chris

1 vote
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 10, 2020

Hello @Mehmet

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Atlassian account is used as SSO for all Cloud products and searching here, I wasn't able to find anything regarding using Atlassian account for custom applications or non-Atlassian products.

Also, there is no feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability, so please, feel free to raise one on jira.atlassian.com (project ID) adding more details about why this feature is important for your environment.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events