Unlink Atlassian Account from Google

terzogenito October 3, 2020

Hi:

I originally created my Atlassian account by using "Continue with Google" or using my Google account. Now I want to change my email address and when I do I get the warning:

"Your account is connected to a Google account. Changing the email address here will disconnect your account from the Google account."

That is fine by me because I want to disconnect my Google Account from my Atlassian account.

When I try to change the email, I get a message and link to my NEW email account to which I am trying to change to verify the email. Click the link that brings me to a page to verify an Atlassian asks for a password. Problem is my Atlassian account currently doesn't have a password as it is linked to Google. So how do I address this issue?

The answer is NOT to enter my Google password.

Thanks for any guidance that can assist!

2 answers

7 votes
Jon Schupbach October 6, 2020

It worked, you have to create a password by going through the prompts and "resetting it". After that, you can start over and switch emails with that new password.

Jacques Muller January 30, 2021

Cheers for this...Really helped me out.
I could not access my repo in Bitbucket from the command line due to the link between my Atlassian account and my Google account.

Jon Schupbach February 1, 2021

Glad to hear it!

0 votes
Jon Schupbach October 4, 2020

I have the same problem, did you figure this out?

terzogenito October 5, 2020

Hi @Jon Schupbach - Unfortunately I don't have an answer yet. If I find one not listed here, I will definitely post it.

Thanks  

Jon Schupbach October 5, 2020

Something I am thinking that may work is clicking on forgot password or reset password, then it will send the reset to the new email address. After you created a password for the new email then try again. I can’t try this yet because they froze me out for 24 hours.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events