Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Unable to modify user account

I am one of the site administrators and I cannot modify user details. I noticed one of our users password replaces her name on her account. I do not have the option to edit the account. 

The email address is greyed, her name is greyed - even the button to suggest that she makes the changes to her account is grey. How can it be modified. 

This article did not help because I don't have access to "edit" 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/administer-managed-accounts-for-an-organization-873871203.html

This article also did not help

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/make-changes-to-a-managed-user-account-964957894.html

Please advise, 

Michelle Scott

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marty Atlassian Team Feb 27, 2019

Hi Michelle,

if you're still stuck I'd recommend reaching out to support at support.atlassian.com.

I hope that helps!

Thank you! Yes, I will call them in the morning. Seems weird that the site administrator cannot manage user details....

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!
Since all accounts were migrated to Atlassian account in 2017, administrators can no longer edit user's email or full name, only the users can change these details thought their profiles on id.atlassian.com.
The articles you mentioned are for those who have verified a domain.
Once you verify a domain on Jira or other Atlassian product, you will prove that you own that domain, so you will be able to change user's details.
Firstly, you must create an organization, and then you can verify a domain to manage the user's accounts.

Hope this helps!
If you have any other question, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Atlassian Access

We're launching improved navigation for admins

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is Avni Barman and I am a Product Manager on the Atlassian Access team! One of my top priorities is to help make the administrator's life easier through improved pro...

641 views 0 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you