Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to invite user

Alan Cordner March 11, 2019

I have been adding multiple user accounts to our JIRA instance as our team has been expanding. However, I have run into one case where the invitation cannot be sent for an undisclosed reason. I have tried sending the invitatiaon multiple times over multiple days without success. 

FailedIvitation.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2019

Hello Alan,

This error is related to the licenses available on the instance because you are inviting a user but there are no more seats available.
Please, go to Site administration > Billing > Manage subscription to check how many licenses you have available for each product.
If you don't add any group to this user, you will be able to invite them.

We have a feature request suggesting to give more details when this error appears:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ID-6669

If that's not the case, the issue may be related to default group for a product, you can check this on Site administration > Product access and set a default group if it's missing.

If you have any other question, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

Alan Cordner March 13, 2019

Thanks for the answer. This is a horribly vague message for no licenses available. :)

John Garza April 17, 2019

I specified the developer group on the invite - so I didn't need a default.  Same error.

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2019

Hi @John Garza,

Please, check if the group Developer is listed on Site administration > Product access > Jira Software.
This error is specific for license. Can you please invite the user without adding any group in order to test?

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events