Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching SAML Identity Providers

Mike Skutta May 30, 2019

Hello,

Our organization is changing identity providers.  Our current and future identity providers are both Microsoft Azure.  We are essentially moving to a new tenant.  As part of this move, our domain(s) are also moving to the new identity provider (tenant).

I was wondering if there are any anticipated issues with updating the SAML single sign-on from our old identity provider configuration to the new?  Caching issues, delays, etc.?  The user names will be the same in the new identity provider.  It appears that simply updating the SAML single sign-on config in Atlassian Cloud should just work.  We just want the transition to go as smooth as possible.  From what I have read, it sounds like the instant the "save" button is clicked, the new SAML single sign-on configuration takes effect.

Thanks,

Mike

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2019

I believe you are correct.  You can find documentation on it here https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/saml-single-sign-on-943953302.html Scroll to the bottom about updating.

Mike Skutta June 11, 2019

Thanks!  Do you know if there are any potential or anticipated issues for us to look out for?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events