Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggest changes inside User Profile

Mario Pućo April 27, 2020

Hi all,

Can anyone clarify under what conditions is "Suggest changes" showed inside user profile ?
I cannot find anything related to this feature.
Tnx in advance !

ss.JPG

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2020

Hello Mario,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

The Suggest changes button appears when the user's account is not managed.

Since the Atlassian account was introduced in 2017, administrators can no longer change users' details like email addresses and full names, unless the domain is verified.

With that said, the Suggest changes appear if the domain is not verified, so if the full name is incorrect or you need them to change the email address, you can suggest and the user must go to their profile page on id.atlassian.com.

If the domain is verified, then the administrator can change the details, so the button will not appear in the users' profile since the admin owns the domain and have the ability to do this on the user's behalf.

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

Mario Pućo April 29, 2020

Hi Angelica,

Thank you for your answer. 
My research has given me different results from what you stated above.
For example, I have 2 test Cloud sites, on both of those sites I have my personal account and this is the result : 

1.JPG

The same user does not display "Suggest changes" on both sites. How can this be ?
Also I did not Verified domains on both of the Cloud test instances as you can see in the image below.

2.JPG

I feel that this "Suggest changes" feature is related to something else... but from my research and testing I was unable to clarify under what condition it's shown. 
I would really need help on clarifying this.

Thanks in advance 
Regards,
Mario

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2020

Thank you for the details, Mario.

Searching for more information about the Suggest Changes, we found out that this feature is still being rolled out, so not all cloud sites have this option.

Email users with suggested account changes

ROLLING OUT

From the Change details button, you can suggest that a user changes their account details to make their profile more consistent and easier to identify. Read more about administering Atlassian accounts.

With that said, that's why the option is not available on both sites, because one of them still didn't receive the update.

Like Mario Pućo likes this
Mario Pućo May 5, 2020

@Angélica Luz 

Thank you for your detailed reply. It did help us debunk the question that we had.
Once more thanks !!

Regards,
Mario 

Like Angélica Luz likes this
1 vote
Todor Katsarov January 20, 2023

Can you help me identify why in some cases when account is not managed by our organization Suggest changes button is not active ? 

image.png

1 vote
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
November 6, 2020

As a supplement, there is a page instructing how to make changes to a managed user account after the Atlassian Cloud Site is verified.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/make-changes-to-a-managed-user-account-964957894.html#:~:text=From%20your%20organization%20at%20admin,details%20to%20see%20all%20fields.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events