Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Script Oauth access

SamBo Cali August 29, 2017

As I understand it, the only authentication option available that isn't based on a username/password is Oauth. Does it make sense to set this up to be used in a script environment where asynchronous callbacks can't be listened to?

If no, are there other authentication options that are not based on username/password?

2 answers

0 votes
Kev Conroy September 14, 2017

I'm struggling with this problem too - I don't want to bake in usernames and passwords to scripts.

I have looked up the Atlassian OAuth examples, stored in it's hg (??mecurial??) respository but they no longer work on my client due to RSA SHA1 being deprecated and the scripts now throwing errors.

But that's nothing compared to having to set up application links in Jira - which fails at asking for the application URL.  There isn't one, obviously, as my scripts are CLI client side actions. They could happen at any time, driven by our continuous integration factories - and I'm not likley to be on hand to log in to a browser and grant permission.  How does anyone set up an OAuth app link?

So how do we arrange a revokable permission, like adding a public key to an "allowed" list and authenticating against that, like passwordless ssh?

0 votes
Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2017

Kerberos is not based on username and password. 

-Lars 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events