Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAML SSO : Get identity provider's auth-token?

Dylan Pokun October 2, 2020

Hello everyone,

Would you happen to know how to get the identity provider's auth-token please ? I can't seem to find it in any call in the Devtool Network-tab. In fact, when I navigate, I can't even see any call to the Identity Provider.

Thanks in advance !

Regards,

Dylan

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Christian Reichert (resolution)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2020

Hi Dylan,

id.atlassian.com & your identity provider exchange a SAML authentication request & a SAML response (both XML based) via your Browser via some redirects or posts.

You will see them in the network tab of your browser but it's easer to capture them with Browser extensions like the SAML Tracer ... here is a good view of available tools including Browser extensions for Chrome & Firefox: https://www.samltool.com/saml_tools.php

Just because I am curious, what do you want with it? As I can't really see a sensible usecase ...

Cheers,
Chris

Dylan Pokun October 5, 2020

Hi Christian, thanks for your answer! I'll try the SAML Tracer-like tools.

The use case is : I want to call some of the Identity Provider's REST APIs to query users and customers informations (like hardware / software / profesional infos). The IdP is Keycloak and the client doesn't want these infos duplicated in the Cloud (via CSV import etc.). I need the auth-token and the right roles on the IdP (like view-users) to do this.

Cheers and thanks again,

Dylan

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events