cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAML Configuration with Okta

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2022

Hi Everyone

Please help me with SAML Configuration with Okta

I have setup everything up correctly. Not sure where is the missing piece?

SC1.png

SC2.png

Thanks,
Pramodh

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2022

Hi @Pramodh M,

I will admit that the setup for Okta with Access is not my strongest area as I have only set it up with Azure AD in the past.

However, I think the guide Okta provides on configuring the Atlassian Cloud SAML app does a pretty good job of outlining everything.

https://saml-doc.okta.com/SAML_Docs/How-to-Configure-SAML-2.0-for-Atlassian-Cloud.html

Specifically about where you need to put the SP Entity ID value, it's covered in Step 6.

You need to go to the "Sign On" tab for the Atlassian Cloud SAML app, click edit and there are advanced sign on settings where you can provide that value among others for your Atlassian Cloud instance.

I'd recommend going back and following through this guide one step at a time and making sure you have set things up the way they have described, they also include a ton of images to help guide you along the way.

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 15, 2022

Hey @Jimmy Seddon 

I have configured that step properly where we need to copy the Unique ID and entered it in the Unique ID section.

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 15, 2022

Hi @Pramodh M,

Ok, I just ran through this entire setup (using Azure AD) and got to the exact point you are at.

This may be a stupid question, but have you actually gone to your authentication policies and set the "Enforce single sign-on" setting?

The error message above seems to indicate you haven't done this yet.  Then to test it, you will need to add a member to that policy and have them try to login.

Let me know if that gets you what you need.

Thanks!

-Jimmy

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 15, 2022

Yes @Jimmy Seddon 

Did that too!!

Policy.png

I guess the error is with may be mapping the username or email - will check that too

Thanks

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 15, 2022

Ok so what error are you getting when you try to sign in using SAML?

Also what does your Advanced Sign-on settings page look like now?

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 15, 2022

I ran through the whole setup again and mapped the username to email in Okta.

It's Working!!

Thanks @Jimmy Seddon 

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events