Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renaming a user's full name

Bert Hutzler May 5, 2021

Besides all that, it's not at all ok, that theres's still that "suggest changes" Button which only gives that sensless message "Something went wrong!"

Then why this button? Just to upset administrators? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2021

Hello @Bert Hutzler,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Testing on my local site, I added a new name and email to test the Suggest changes, but the email was sent and no error appeared.

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 10.07.11.png

Can you please let us know if you are trying just to suggest the user change the full name or both full name and email?

If it’s only the full name, can you please also add the email (it can be the same email address and not a new one) to test if the notification will be sent?

Kind regards,
Angélica

Bert Hutzler May 7, 2021

Hi Angélica,

no glue if email is send as the user didn't accept invitaion 'til now. But maybe just that's the fly in the ointment.In case I'm right, it would be nice to get a little more helpful error message than just "Something went wrong!"

kind regards
Bert

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2021

Thank you for the details, Bert.

I was able to replicate the issue here. I created an account on the site that never logged in and the error appeared.

There was a bug related to this error, but it was closed as “Not a bug” since it’s expected that you can’t suggest changes if the user never logged in.

Based on that, I created a feature request suggesting to remove the button if the user never logged in to the site:

Please, click on vote and also watch the ticket above to receive updates.

Like Bert Hutzler likes this
Bert Hutzler May 8, 2021

Hi Angélica,

perfect. Thank you, that will avoid a lot of missunderstandings.

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events