Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rename organisation for Atlassian account

Jamie Flynn April 7, 2019

Hi there,

I'm trying to rename our organisation for our entire Atlassian account (recent re-branding..) and I'm having trouble doing that from the Administration page.

Previous documentation points to an 'Overview' page within the admin page (screenshot attached). However, that 'Overview' page doesn't seem to exist.

Screen Shot 2019-04-08 at 9.17.47 am.png

I'm using Atlassian Cloud.

Many thanks in advance.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2021

Hello @Vanja Ostojic,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

You can follow the steps mentioned by @DevOps to change the organization name.

The screenshot I shared is from a previous version and the admin page changed a lot since 2019, so here is a new one:

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 11.07.01.png

Regards,
Angélica

Marcin Daczkowski February 2, 2021

Hey Angélica,
just want to double-check for any considerations here? Is this operation safe/revertible or are there any considerations we should consider before proceeding? Also, will this actually impact our URL xyz.atlassian.net to be newxyz.atlassian.net too (which is what we are looking for specifically)?

Like # people like this
1 vote
Manduul. B March 19, 2021

Are we allowed to change our subdomain we get from you? For example, we'd like to change from myorg.atlassian.net myneworg.atlassian.net :)

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 22, 2021

Hello @Manduul. B,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

In order to change the site URL, you need to contact our support team at support.atlassian.com/contact. 

This option is available for Standard and Premium sites, so since you are on a Free site, it won’t be possible to request this change.

For more details, please check the documentation below:

Kind regards,
Angélica

Like Pehr-Martin Goebel likes this
1 vote
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
February 3, 2021

Hello Marcin,

Thank you for your question.

The organization name it's just a way to identify the organization, it won't affect anything and won't change your URL.

You can safely change its name that it won't affect users or any other configuration on your site. 

In order to change your site URL, you can follow the steps of the documentation below:

Kind regards,
Angélica

1 vote
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
April 10, 2019

Hi Jamie,

In order to change the organization name, please go to admin.atlassian.com and it will show the list of organization you are an admin.

Screenshot 2019-04-10_16-52-51.png

Select the organization and on the next page you will have some options on the sidebar, click on "Overview" and you will be able to change the Organization name.

Screenshot 2019-04-10_16-53-15.png

If you don't have this option, please send us a screenshot of what options you have when you go to admin.atlassian.com.

Regards,
Angélica

Jamie Flynn April 10, 2019

Hi Angelica,

Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately I still don't see the 'Overview' option when I go to admin.atlassian.com

I've attached a screenshot of the view I get.

Best regards

Jamie

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
April 11, 2019

Hi Jamie,

If you don't have access to that page it means that you are not an admin of the organization. This is the Site administration where site-admins have access. Not all site-admins are an org administrator, so you must check who is the administrator of the org to ask them to give you access or ask them to change the org name.

Just a heads up that I edited your answer to remove the screenshot because it shows your teammates email addresses and your cloud URL.

Regards,
Angélica

Vanja Ostojic January 18, 2021

Hello @Angélica Luz 

I have the same problem, and I am the Org& Site admin.
I cannot change the name of the site - do you happen to know how can I possibly do it?

Thanks a lot!

Vanja

Vanja Ostojic January 18, 2021

atlassian site name.png

DevOps January 25, 2021

@Vanja Ostojic from your screenshot, you can select the settings tab and you will see the page to update your organization name. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events