Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove org&site-admin as a site-admin

Sen Xu June 30, 2020

"This user is a organization administrator, and their privileges cannot be modified."

I have searched and looked at all post relevant to this topic and nothing works. The only potential solution was to trigger a password reset but we also have turned off the org/site-admin's email from our company email server.

I am not on the free tier, I am part of a company that is using the paid tier version of JIRA Cloud.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JimmyVanAU
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2020

Hi Sen,

Have you managed to resolve this? To avoid users locking themselves out, organisations must always have at least one admin. If this user has left your company and their (Atlassian) account is inactive, then Atlassian should be able to help. Raise a support ticket at support.atlassian.com.

If the user is still active, then s/he will need to transfer the organization admin rights to another user first.

Cheers, Jimmy

Sen Xu September 29, 2020

No it hasn't been resolved. Our org have several admins, however I think Atlassian differentiate "ORG&SITE Admin" from "SITE Admin". We only have one "ORG&SITE Admin" and this person's email even has already been deactivated, where we have several SITE Admin (me being one of them).

I don't know the difference between an ORG/SITE Admin from a SITE Admin but right now I cannot add a different user to an ORG/SITE Admin, indicating that the ORG/SITE admin probably has more right than just a SITE admin.

I just submitted a ticket to support.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events