• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Remove org&site-admin as a site-admin

"This user is a organization administrator, and their privileges cannot be modified."

I have searched and looked at all post relevant to this topic and nothing works. The only potential solution was to trigger a password reset but we also have turned off the org/site-admin's email from our company email server.

I am not on the free tier, I am part of a company that is using the paid tier version of JIRA Cloud.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JimmyVanAU Community Leader Sep 29, 2020

Hi Sen,

Have you managed to resolve this? To avoid users locking themselves out, organisations must always have at least one admin. If this user has left your company and their (Atlassian) account is inactive, then Atlassian should be able to help. Raise a support ticket at support.atlassian.com.

If the user is still active, then s/he will need to transfer the organization admin rights to another user first.

Cheers, Jimmy

No it hasn't been resolved. Our org have several admins, however I think Atlassian differentiate "ORG&SITE Admin" from "SITE Admin". We only have one "ORG&SITE Admin" and this person's email even has already been deactivated, where we have several SITE Admin (me being one of them).

I don't know the difference between an ORG/SITE Admin from a SITE Admin but right now I cannot add a different user to an ORG/SITE Admin, indicating that the ORG/SITE admin probably has more right than just a SITE admin.

I just submitted a ticket to support.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Atlassian Access

We're launching improved navigation for admins

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is Avni Barman and I am a Product Manager on the Atlassian Access team! One of my top priorities is to help make the administrator's life easier through improved pro...

927 views 1 10
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you