Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REST API Query parameters not working for events endpoint (/admin/v1/orgs/{orgId}/events)

kumarak October 21, 2021

The REST API calls with query parameter `to` and `from` does not return any results for the events endpoint (/admin/v1/orgs/{orgId}/events). 

The API documentation does mention these parameters and I would like to use them to filter events. (https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/admin/organization/rest/api-group-orgs/#api-orgs-orgid-events-get)

I am using `curl` to query the results. The query calls for me looks as shown below.  The date and time are provided in the Unix timestamp format.

curl --request GET --url 'https://api.atlassian.com/admin/v1/orgs/{orgId}/events?from=1634642484&to=1634828884' --header 'Authorization: Bearer <API-Key>'

There are events generated in this time interval but the API call shows no results. Could you look into it and let me know if I am doing something wrong? 

This is what I see as output. It does not show any error. I am using an account with the trial plan for testing. 

{"data":[],"links":{},"meta":{"attributes":null,"next":null,"prev":null,"page_size":30,"start_index":null,"end_index":null,"total":0}}

2 answers

0 votes
shahjad ahemad March 17, 2022

how you resolved this problem any idea ?

mtalmacel October 12, 2022

just add three more zeros to your epoch time and it will start working. stupid documentation.

Like Răzvan Ioan BIBARȚ likes this
0 votes
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2021

Hi @kumarak 

It seems that you do not have any events yet in your organization. Make actions in your organization by adding users to groups, creating a new user, etc.

kumarak October 22, 2021

Hi @Prince Nyeche , Thanks for the reply. I have events generated with the organization.

Should the Unix timestamp be in milliseconds? The document does not mention anything about it but it does work for me on using timestamps in milliseconds. 

Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2021

Hi @kumarak 

I'm not sure about that but if it works for you that's great.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events