Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with SSO with Azure AD

Robert Stead August 4, 2020

Getting error below, tried to setup for the first time last night and I think I stuffed up something.

AADSTS700016: Application with identifier 'https://auth.atlassian.com/saml/21466960-f66a-48ab-8b65-59ba9dd03432' was not found in the directory '1b7e008e-8d66-427b-9e8a-a91aa2d75bcb'. This can happen if the application has not been installed by the administrator of the tenant or consented to by any user in the tenant. You may have sent your authentication request to the wrong tenant.

I can't login to create a support ticket, anyone able to assist.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2020

Atlassian recommend to have an org admin user account other than the domain account to recover such issues if any thing goes wrong with SSO. 

What happens in your case is the directory id is wrong on Azure Side , please update the Atlassian url with correct directory id on Azure SSO configuration .

Update Azure with this url "'https://auth.atlassian.com/saml/21466960-f66a-48ab-8b65-59ba9dd03432"   

8-5-2020 9-10-57 AM.png

Somehow we ended up with Two AppRegistrations in Azure, looks like one got deleted. Basically I think we need to start again.

Any idea on how to do that?

Thanks

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2020

On Azure side , if you have two applications delete one of them and update the right directory id on the other one 

Too late, all deleted. Trying to recover with powershell

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 4, 2020

Then the only way is, please create the support ticket to atlassian and request them to disable the SSO on your instance.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events