cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patch : Update username with domain email change

Vinod Kumar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 14, 2023

User provisioning API's patch users:  I am trying to update multiple users at one time. I want to update 1000+ employees with username updates. I really dont want to update for each employee individual. We are currently using Postman tool.  

We want to update the domain name in the username from MySource to Myhenry.com

Email id is our username.

Below code works for one user. Question is how to update for mutiple users at one go.

{
  "schemas": [
    "urn:ietf:params:scim:api:messages:2.0:PatchOp"
  ], 
  "Operations": [
    { "op""replace","value": {"userName": "andrew.rey@Myhenry.com"} }
  ]
}

Any advise will be great help.

1 answer

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2023

Hi @Vinod Kumar,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Postman allows you to run collections based on imported data, which is probably what you are looking for. Another option would be to create a script in ruby/perl/whatever that can make API calls and iterate over data. A third option would be to use an iPaaS tool that allow you to create a workflow to do the same.

Vinod Kumar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 14, 2023

I have very limited resources to get other tools in my laptop. 

Can we use the below code to run for multiple users instead of specifying the ID?

{
  "schemas": [
    "urn:ietf:params:scim:api:messages:2.0:PatchOp"
  ], 
  "Operations": [
    { "op""replace","value": {"userName": "andrew.rey@Myhenry.com"} }
  ]
}
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2023

You mentioned above that you are using Postman correct? Did you happen to take a look at the link I provided above to Postman's documentation showing you how to run collections based on imported data? If you take a look at it you will see that you can provide the input and then iterate on it.

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events