It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Password strenght Atlassian ID Cloud

Hi, 

I try to find more informatorn about how the security is regarding the Atlassian ID for Cloud. Cant really find any good information about it do anyone have any information?

Thanks in advance,

Johan

3 answers

0 votes
Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Feb 15, 2018

Hi Johan,

I would recommend taking a look at our https://www.atlassian.com/trust/policies/cloud-security

This page provides an overview of our Cloud security policy.  In addition to that information, there is also a link on that page under the Certification section that might help better explain this.   Perhaps the information in that page might be helpful in addressing your concerns here.

If not, please let me know a bit more about what specific information you are looking for.  I am not certain I can provide to you every detail, but I can try to see what I can find about this.

@Andy Heinzer - Thank you for your answer but I need to know more details. What i need is a statement of the authentication procedure.

What is the password security?

How does the authentication work?

Etc.

Best Regards,

Johan Söderström

<replied in an answer below>

0 votes
Geoff Atlassian Team Mar 20, 2018

Hey @Johan Söderström

Great question! It ultimately depends on how you set up your Atlassian Cloud site.

If you have Identity Manager set up then your site admin can enforce that managed users authenticate using specific methods, including SAML via an external identity provider (see here), enforced Google authentication, enforce all managed users to use two-step verification, or you can set up a password policy which can enforce a specific level of password entropy which helps to ensure secure passwords are used.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked in Atlassian Access

AMA: Cloud Identity & Security with Dave Meyer, Group Product Manager

Update: That's a wrap! Thanks so much for your questions. If you didn't make it for the live AMA, not to worry. Add your questions below and I will get to them ASAP.  Hello Atlassian Community...

1,546 views 15 9
View question

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you