Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password strenght Atlassian ID Cloud

Johan Söderström February 15, 2018

Hi, 

I try to find more informatorn about how the security is regarding the Atlassian ID for Cloud. Cant really find any good information about it do anyone have any information?

Thanks in advance,

Johan

3 answers

0 votes
Geoff
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2018

Hey @Johan Söderström

Great question! It ultimately depends on how you set up your Atlassian Cloud site.

If you have Identity Manager set up then your site admin can enforce that managed users authenticate using specific methods, including SAML via an external identity provider (see here), enforced Google authentication, enforce all managed users to use two-step verification, or you can set up a password policy which can enforce a specific level of password entropy which helps to ensure secure passwords are used.

0 votes
Johan Söderström February 15, 2018

@Andy Heinzer - Thank you for your answer but I need to know more details. What i need is a statement of the authentication procedure.

What is the password security?

How does the authentication work?

Etc.

Best Regards,

Johan Söderström

Geoff
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2018

<replied in an answer below>

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
February 15, 2018

Hi Johan,

I would recommend taking a look at our https://www.atlassian.com/trust/policies/cloud-security

This page provides an overview of our Cloud security policy.  In addition to that information, there is also a link on that page under the Certification section that might help better explain this.   Perhaps the information in that page might be helpful in addressing your concerns here.

If not, please let me know a bit more about what specific information you are looking for.  I am not certain I can provide to you every detail, but I can try to see what I can find about this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events